Tuesday, June 15, 2010

give me freedom, give me fire

Give me freedom, give me fire, give me reason, take me higher
See the champions, take the field now, unify us, make us feel proud
In the streets our head are liftin', as we lose our inhibition,
Celebration, it surrounds us, every nation, all around us
(excerpt from Wavin Flag lyrics, by K'naan)

I've got the official World Cup 2010 anthem stuck in my head.
I love it so....youtube it if you don't know what I mean.
I've got the fire, got the reason......oooooh woooh hoho.
Supporting the Nederlands (the Dutch part of the family) and Australia (who were shockingly bad!) and generally all African countries (given I was born and raised there).

Any of you as obsessed as my family is about the World Cup?

Gah, must stop singing the World Cup anthem....stoppit.

p.s. anyone check out the Cote D'Ivoire v Portugal match? Impressive play there, Cote D'Ivoire!

Hope you're all doing well and having a good week thus far....ooooh woooh hoho ;)

dress, mink pink. cardigan, cotton on. tights, live. shoes, jeffrey campbell. bag, vintage. earrings, gift. rings; the standard (fashionology, ebay, cheap monday, vivienne westwood).

17 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Love the cardi, Honey!

Ooooh, I love Ur shop! :D

ediot said...

hi darling. i love your haircut so much! and those leggings are so nice. im watching the world cup too- mostly by the sound and not the image- and im cheering for spain and italy- even though i dont know why these two..

xx ediot

vint junky said...

Love it all, the mesh leggings, leopard print cardi, black dress...perfect!

Tights Lover said...

I'm definitely among the obsessed. Supported Italy all my life, so I'm hoping they win again!

I did sneak a few looks at the Portugal Dote D'Ivoire match today while at work. I was really hoping Didier Drogba would've knocked that cross in the back of the net! Oh well!

Tights Lover said...

...oh, and I LOOOVE your leggings too, by the way!

Charleston said...

fierce and sweet at the same time x

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

JoJo said...

gorge leggings!!

i can't help get involved in the World Cup fever - actually went to the Brazil Korea game last night, the vibe in the country right now is electric!

hope you're enjoying the games :)
xx

No said...

whoa. i've never seen tights like that before. they're pretty nifty, if i may say so myself...

Wanderlusting said...

You look great -I'm sad I missed the COI/PORT match because I heard it was awesome!

battered couture said...

oh my don't even get me started on how many people are watching football ALL day here. I really don't care about it that much so it kind of pisses me off. :) greece sucked too facing korea.
oh buy the way. love your platforms.

The Girl Who Loved To Salsa said...

ohhh I do adore those shoessss :))to dies for x x x as is the whole outfit :)
niki x x x x
http://thesalsagirl.blogspot.com/

Seeker said...

You look fantastic, dear!!!
What a gorg cardi!!!!

xoxo

The High Heel Times said...

Lovely combination, the shoes are really nice!
The World Cup...so disappointing so far! There are some huge shocks and under performers :S

Anonymous said...

Love your cardigan!<3

Abby said...

looking hot little lady!!

hope all is well!!!

x

J. said...

I love the bag!!

Anika said...

Tights Lover, so glad there's a fellow football fan :D

Jojo, uber jealous you're there! The atmosphere at one of those games must be nuts! I must go to the next one....no excuses I tell you. Enjoy the remainder of it, its just going to get more exciting....

Dexter, I hear you. And just watched the Germany-England game. Whoa.

Here's to Spain :D

And thanks to you all for the lovely comments

Site Meter