Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
1. colour: In the moment, pewter. On a more permanent basis, I'd have to go with blue...from azure to turquoise to navy, I'm there.
land locked blues - Bright Eyes
2. desert: I love this Indian rice pudding but hardly ever get a chance to sample it. On a more regular basis, freshly baked banana bread with butter spread over it is heaven.
stairway to heaven - Jimi Hendrix
3. smell: Coconut scented body oil/moisturiser. I go nuts for this stuff. Coconut always invokes memories of my youth, laying on the beach as you sweltered in the hot sun and the sound of the ocean and reggae music provided the idyll background.
4. flower: The intricacy and architecture of orchids (not to mention the subtle colours) gets me. On the other hand, the bareness and clean lines of cactus' is pretty cool.
5. animal: Iguana. I goddamn want one. I've investigated the possibility of buying one here in Perth, Australia. I will probably need to hunt down a specialist exotic pet store and pay more than a few hundred for one. It's worth it though. Iguanas are ridiculously loyal and my ideal pet. Beautiful, beautiful creatures.
6. month: I do like December for what it symbolises....Christmas, the end of the year and opportunity to leap into the next, and holidays.
7. beverage: I always shock people (mainly bartenders) when I request Guinness. I adore Guinness, its the ultimate in choice. Rich, dark and bitter creamy perfection. I prefer the imported stuff from Ireland too...Aussie Guinness is a tad too bitter and not dark enough.
oh my god - Kaiser Chiefs
8. shoes: I cannot pick...can I?!?!! I adore THE Balenciaga harness boots from 2006. I adore AlOT more shoes but I think these have that uber cool, nonchalent rockstar thing going on and are equal parts fashion and function....LOVE!!!
angel of music - the phantom of the opera soundtrack (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
9. snack: butter on toast/home made guacamole or salsa on toast. Nothing beats the salsa and guacamole Stuart and I make...key ingredients: garlic and some chilli. Yum!
beautiful place (I think?) - Claire Hollingsworth
10. song: I love Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica, the prostitute song by Claire Hollingsworth, Polly by Nirvana, Queen (generally)....I have to stop somewhere...there are too many!
11. book: Breath by Tim Winton. I recommend everyone read this book. Tim is beyond articulate and writes with brilliant wit, drawing emotion perfectly :)
white unicorn - Wolfmother
12. fruit: I adore lychees, hard to get here in Australia but when I lived in Kenya my dad working for Air France (the shipping side of things) and all the spare boxes of lychees that got imported from Mauritius would graciously get given to Dad and he'd bring them home. We could and did eat boxes at a go!
13. hairstyle: I love my current hairstyle...have had it for too long but I adore the whole straight bangs and borderline wavy looooong hair.
14. piece of clothing: Hmm, how do I narrow this down? A fabulous fitting pair of jeans, killer leather jacket, sheer tee, floral/studded corset, feather stole/headpiece and I will now stop.
15. stores to shop: sportsgirl, supre (cheapest and best fitting jeans = love!), david jones for sass n bide, witchery.
mellow yellow - Donovan Frankenreiter
16. season: There is nothing better than summer (the hotter the better). It's a good thing I like it too, living in Perth :)
17. hobby: reading and building up my classic book collection. My ultimate dream is a floor to ceiling bookshelf spanning an entire wall (or two) with all the classics and great reads....a haven. Which I will make sure I build towards.
18. things to collect: I collect books and classic and rare vintage clothing (by choice) and shoes (it just happens :)
little boy man - Katie Noonan
19. movie: Wow....Donnie Darko/Snatch/Fight Club/Hard Candy/American Beauty....too many....cannot pick one!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
In other news, the coffee shop I visit more often than what one would call 'regularly' now has a fantastic musician who puts on a one-man show every Wednesday evening for a couple of hours (he sings and plays the guitar). Will just have to chill out at Tiger Tiger on Wednesdays after work from now on, obviously :) The guy is a brilliant muso; he has a low, husky voice and is fantastic on the guitar.
I just recently decided to put more effort into my blog/follow other blogs (I used to just know the ones I checked and would pull up the sites each time, now I can link direct :)/have a 'follow me' segment and potentially, but not definitely, get into bloglovin'. Hmmm, we'll just have to see. Follow me? Also, let me know if you would like to exchange links :)
tee, killababe from live. jeans, supre. cardigan, vintage. boots, DIY rubi. necklace, gift from holland. rings; markets, diva, sportsgirl.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
mens sweater, vintage. denim-look leggings, valleygirl. boots, vintage. necklace, diva. cuff, present. hair, who the hell knows.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
this time around, I remembered to take a photo of the back of the tunic....