Friday, December 5, 2008

Costume.....Obsession

So I mentioned in the last post that I had a slight...well, I don't quite know the word for it.....obsession(?) over costume jewellery. And specifically oversize/funky/crazy rings. I don't do delicate; never have, never will.

And with that introduction, here's my ring collection. Yes, it's all mine. Yes, I realise the absurdness of owning so many. I do wear them all though. Most are on very high rotation. It's how I let my style out during the work week, when I'm restrained in terms of how funky/fashionable I can dress, given my job.

rings1

rings2

rings3

rings4

rings5

Photobucket

Photobucket

To be fair, a good handful of the above were gifts. Okay, enough rationalising :)

Let's see. My absolute favourites include:

  • the silver snake ring
  • the black and silver studded ring (3rd pic)
  • the flower rings; I wear three stacked together to create a monster ring
  • the gold curvy long 'grasper' ring, and the gold filagree cut-out ring (5th pic)
  • the silver turquoise ring
  • ..and number one spot goes to the gigantic silver and black flower ring (last pic), its my current obsession!

Which rings do you like?

6 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

Wow, your rings are so fantastic. Can I borrow some? I've never had a snake ring before, yours is just so cool!! :)

By the way, thanks for your great comments (so flattering and wonderful to read! ♥) I may show my shoes soon.... keep checking back.. ;)

xx love....

Abby said...

Holy Moly! I've never seen so many rings in my life!!
It makes me sad looking at your amazing collection when I don't have any fun rings.

Cool blog btw, and I'm a Perthie too!

Cait said...

wow that's an amazing collection! I'm quite jealous right now. I absolutely love the snake ring in the first picture!!

leeselooks said...

holy wow.

amazing collection.

agreed.
my fav is the snake!

x.

thanks girl.

Jennifer said...

I love all of them!

SOS! said...

i love your ring collection, esp the flower ones and the gigantic turquise one..
xx- LJ from SOS!

Site Meter