Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Elemental

Oh my!

Perth is recovering from a horric storm that caused over $100 million worth of damage. Yikes.

It hit yesterday at 4pm. The sun suddenly disappeared, the sky darkened to a dull grey and then it started hailing. Golf ball-size hail stones. That break windows in houses and windshields on cars, not to mention dent cars throughout the city. We fared pretty well (just some minor flooding). The aftermath in the form of news/photos is shocking though. Mudslides, roads turned to rivers, trees uprooted, cars dented and glass broken, and of course the beauty of the red red sunset after the chaos of the storm.

Here's hoping everyone in Perth fared okay in that crazy mother of a storm.


On a more optimistic tone, here's some pics from the (lazy and lovely) weekend...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


p.s. To the anonymous blogger from Tiger Tiger....you should have said hello, I would have loved to have met you! I promise I'm not that scary, especially in corporate work wear :P

dress and bag, vintage. shoes, maurie and eve. menagerie of animals around my neck, diva and random artsy shop. rings, vintage and diva.

15 comments:

www.janetteria.com said...

Love Ur all of style. :) Those animal neclases are funny and chic too! :)

Sweety P said...

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, but I am so happy I am back! Love your outfit! I need those boots!

Unknown said...

i got away with cracks in my windscreen and dents on every panel of my car from the hail...it was so scary driving through the storm! Hope you are ok?
Still loving the boots xx

Sharon S said...

Hi there-looks like a fab weekend, love your casual chic outfit and great photos!!

daisychain said...

Wow that storm sounds insane.

YOU LOOK STUNNING.

FASHION CHALET said...

Anika. O! My! How I've missed you. Glad you're having fun and still in the Blogosphere sharing your cool creativity.

Any shopping frenzies lately? IO just hit up American Apparel (online), ordered some Jeffrey Campbell shoes (ships out in May) :( and an H&M finallyyyyyy opened nearby. :)

Ps. I moved from Miami to North Carolina.



xx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Uhh, I was once caught in a storm in Australia, and that was seriously scary. Superpretty dress!

Thais said...

Oh thats awful... Well those photos cheered me up for sure! Gorgeous dress and I just LOVE your necklaces, especially the zebra :-)

Love from Calypso

http://fireworksinmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad you're ok considering the storm news. Lovely outfit post as usual. Your choice in necklaces continues to amaze me. xxx

Unknown said...

Hope everyone at Perth is ok. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunter

battered couture said...

I can always rely on you for my fav combination of cute romantic dresses with strong statement boots. you hit the spot everytime.

Anonymous said...

haha Anika, unfortunately I don’t have a blog ( I don’t know why, I spend enough time on them!) but I am an avid reader of yours!

I actually recognised Stuart first then had an attack of shyness. Next time I will say hi, no more lurking for me!

x jacqui

Unknown said...

loving your 90s grungy inspired outfit. i am definitely on the market for floppy boots

Wanderlusting said...

Your boots are uber cool...almost Sam Edelman Zoe, but I like yours better!

I love storms, we never get enough of them here. But I like the storms that cause the lights to go out NOT cause millions in damages, eek!

PH said...

love the boots--glad you're okay!

Site Meter